- Capital Projects
1800 N. Range Rd.
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions at IU: No previous positions at IU; however, I do have professional advocacy experience as I served as an engineer for university research and also on the Vice Chancellor’s Advisory Board at Louisiana State University for 2 years.
- Previous IUBPC experience: Applying for professional development grant, attending IUBPC meetings, conversing with representatives about issue affecting professional staff.
- Degrees and Education: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA; Minor in Business Administration, E.J. Ourso College of Business, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA; CompTIA A+ Certification, Capital Area Technical College, Baton Rouge, LA
- Hobbies and family:
- Hobbies: Residential plumbing, electrical, and carpentry; investing; digital animation; music production
- Family: Wife: Cibele Maia Burke (Graduate student at Jacobs School of Music), Daughter: Annabella Maia Burke (1yr 7mo)
- Role at IU: For new building construction and renovation projects, I create mechanical systems designs and perform construction oversight that:
- Ensures IU has new and renovated physical facilities and infrastructure that are essential to achieve the IU Principles of Excellence.
- Recognizes the importance of historical stewardship.
- Creates an environment that reflects IU values.
- Meets future needs in accordance with the IU long-term Master Plan.
- IUBPC Motivations:
- Provide a voice for concerns that the IUB professional community have and face.
- Utilize my time for improving and creating university policies that mutually benefit both professional employees and the university.
- Give back to the Hoosier community around our city, state, and globally through high impact volunteer initiatives.
IU Bloomington Professional Council resources and social media channels