- Office for Sexual Violence Prevention and Victim Advocacy
600 N. Jordan
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions at IU: Sexual Assault Prevention and Education Specialist, OSVPVA; Health Education Specialist, IU Health & Wellness/ IU Health Center
- Previous IUBPC experience: None
- Degrees and Education: PhD in Health Behavior from IU School of Public Health, 2018; MS in Health Promotion from IU School of Public Health, 2012; BA in Communications, Texas A&M University, Department of Communications, 2010
- Hobbies and family: I am a happy husband with an amazing two-year old son. I enjoy freewriting, composing music, and going on outings with my family on occasion.
- Role at IU: As assistant director for sexual violence prevention, I oversee OSVPVA prevention outreach focusing on priority issues such as, empowering students to apply consent communication before engaging in sexual activity, how to be an active bystander, who alleviates dangerous incidents on campus; and how to support survivors of sexual assault.
- IUBPC Motivations: I have the strong desire to contribute to the enhancement of the quality of life for all of our IU professional staff. Also, I believe that I represent a small presence of Black and Latino professional staff on campus, who desire to be included more in the IUBPC mission. As a strong supporter of the IUBPC values and mission, I would like to serve the campus staff as one of many representatives on the council who ensure that the voice and priorities of staff from underrepresented demographic groups is heard.
IU Bloomington Professional Council resources and social media channels