- School of Public Health
Public Health 121C
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Previous positions at IU: Director of Graduate Student Services (School of Ed and College of Arts and Sciences), Secretary, Office Manager/Advisor-Athletics.
- Previous IUBPC experience: None, but I have attended a couple of BPC sessions on student/staff issues.
- Degrees: BA Psychology/Minor in Early Childhood, Angelo State University 1994 Masters Candidate- May 2018, MS Applied Health-Human Development & Family Studies, IU School of Public Health
- Hobbies include gardening, shopping for and restoring antiques, attending festivals and concerts with my son Matthew, a freshman at Ivy Tech., and spending time with family and friends.
- Role at IU: As the Director of Graduate Admissions, I oversee all applications for our 29 graduate degree and certificate programs. I meet regularly with prospective students and work with other units across campus such as the Office of International Student Services, Student Advocates Office, and the Office of Student Disability Services.
- IUBPC Motivations: As a professional staff, I find that there are few resources or avenues at the school/administrative level for professional staff to seek guidance, professional development or support. I am interested in joining the BPC so that I can learn more about our wonderful University and the resources that are available to professional staff. I also want to be a part of a council that is diverse, innovative, and supportive of others. I am a natural advocate who offers 10 years of service at Indiana University and 14 years of social service work prior to joining IU. I would welcome putting these skills to use.
IU Bloomington Professional Council resources and social media channels