|Senior Associate Director of Technologies
Center for Survey Research
1900 E. Tenth St., Eigenmann 2 South
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions: Telephone Lab Field Director, Center for Survey Research
- Previous IUBPC exp: None, but I have attended several of your behind the scenes tours over the years.
- Degrees and Education: BA in Accounting from the IU Kelley School of Business, 1992
- Hobbies/ and family: I enjoy running and completed my first half marathon in December (in 20 degree weather no less!). My wife Angela and I love to travel and completed a trip to China last summer.I also enjoy reading, listening to music, and visiting theme parks.
- Role at IU: In my role at IU, I help people use technology to meet their survey research needs. In my day-to-day work, this involves coding databases and survey software tools to help my clients and co-workers manage their surveys, for the benefit (I hope!) of the campus and ultimately the global community. I also reach out to students, faculty and staff on these issues by offering free consulting services at the Scholars Commons and presenting on topics at the Social Science Research Commons (SSRC).Finally, I represent IU when I present on my research findings at conferences such as the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR).
- IUBPC Motivations: IU is my life and has been for over 25 years. When I'm not on campus working, I'm out attending a wide variety of campus events, from basketball games to operas to lectures. I would love the opportunity to put my perspectives and experiences to use in benefiting others, and also to learn and improve through my work on the council.