|Director of Data Science Graduate Student Services
School of Informatics and Computing
901 E. Tenth St.
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions:
- Records Services Supervisor - Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Quality Assurance Specialist - Office of Admissions
- Project Assistant - Eppley Institute for Parks and Public Lands
- Degrees and Education: BS '11 Indiana University
- Hobbies/ and family: While I have many passions, I am a self-proclaimed "foodie" and music aficionado. I'm a native Bloomintonian but I'm a traveler at heart. I'll drive 8 hours to attend a music festival or 20 minutes for a great food truck!
- Role at IU: Currently, my role is to support an individual throughout their graduate student experience. From recruitment to graduation, I advocate and endorse systems and procedures that will provide students the highest standard of quality possible at Indiana University. I collaborate with faculty to create new learning opportunities and facilitate new partnerships to increase students’ abilities to acquire stronger expertise in the field of data science. Additionally, I enhance visibility of our students through local, regional, and global engagement.
- IUBPC Motivations: My motivation for joining the BPC is simple. I wish to support a community that continuously improves the well-being of so many, including myself. I have personally and professionally benefited from the efforts of such organizations on campus. I hope to empower my peers through the positive outreach, inclusion, and development. I would be truly humbled to serve on the IUBPC.