|Assistant Director, Online Education and Student Services
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions: Project Manager/School of Informatics and Computing (2016) Program and Student Services Assistant/School of Public and Environmental Affairs (2015-2016)
- Degrees and Education:
- M.S.Ed.- Adult Education - IUB 2020 (expected)
- Graduate Certificate - Business - Ball State 2015
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science - IUB 2014
- Hobbies/ and family: I am an avid consumer of the news. I love to keep up with current events, and participate in social activism at the local, state, and national levels. I also enjoy spending time with my nephews!
- Role at IU: As Assistant Director for Online Education and Student Services at SPEA, Daniel provides leadership in achieving the strategic goals of “SPEA Connect,” SPEA’s online (MPA) program. This includes managing the day to day operations of the online degree and certificate programs, serving as an academic adviser to all online graduate students, developing and implementing strategic recruitment strategies to increase enrollment in the online graduate degree programs, and supporting faculty in course delivery and course development efforts. In his role, he works collaboratively with other SPEA Masters Program Office staff to deliver effective, efficient, and consistent student services to all graduate students.
- IUBPC Motivations: Daniel's motivation for joining the IU Bloomington Professional Council stems from his desire to create a safe and healthy work environment. As an IU alumni, and soon to be IU graduate student, he has a deep passion for what it means to be a Hoosier, and wants awork environment for all of his peers (and future peers) that accurately represent Hoosier values. This means creating a sense of belonging, inclusivity, and respect. Daniel tries to embody these values in his work, and is excited for the opportunity to work across campus with his colleagues to continue to strengthen these values.