African American & African Diaspora Studies
Ballantine Hall, #503
Bloomington, IN 47405
- Prior Positions: Facilities Scheduler, IMU
- Previous IUBPC exp: November, 2014-April 2015
- Degrees and Education: BA Business, Kelley School at Indiana University
- Hobbies/ and family: Enjoy playing cards, watching movies, bowling. Married, 2 teen stepsons, 16-month old son.
- Role at IU: Michael's current role is to wear many hats for AAADS in the College of A&S. His title is Fiscal Officer, but he is also the Office Manager, Scheduling Officer, Event Coordinator, and more. He works to support 10 faculty members, 10 graduate students, and any emeritus faculty.
- IUBPC Motivations: I joined the IUBPC shortly after moving to this position. Shortly after my wife became pregnant and I needed to dedicate any and all of my extra time to my family during and after the arrival of the baby. Now that the baby is a toddler, I have a little extra time I can dedicate to supporting my fellow IU staff members by serving on the Council. I enjoy networking, brainstorming, and working as a team to bring about positive outcomes.