Welcome to the IUBPC
Are you a new IUB professional staff employee? IUB is a big place, and sometimes it can be hard to find the info that you need! Please check out our New Professional Staff Orientation document, with lots of helpful links, for information from Human Resources, IU Libraries, Technology at IU, wellness-related information, and more!
The Bloomington Professional Council provides leadership in the continual improvement of university policies and practices that enhance the quality of life of the professional employee, while supporting the institutional mission.
Honoring its mission, the council shall:
- provide for the exchange of relevant information among professional staff and with the administration
- promote the active role of professional staff in decision-making processes
- support the development and implementation of sound management policies and practices
- initiate and support professional staff development opportunities
The Council is made up of twenty-one elected Council Representatives to represent the 2,400 professional staff employees of IUB.
The Goals of of the Council are:
- To represent IUB professional staff to IUB administration, providing advice and recommendations regarding the formulation of policies and solution of problems affecting any aspect of professional staff employment or working conditions
- To provide a medium for exchange of relevant information between professional staff and IUB administration
- To promote the value of professional staff in helping the University achieve its goals
- To stimulate and support professional staff development opportunities
The Council addresses its mission and goals primarily through the activities of its four standing Council Committees.
- Communications and Marketing - Publishes newsletter, sends notification to press contacts, maintains and enhances web site
- Outreach and Advocacy - Organizes forums on topics of interest,organizes “Get to know your campus” events, conducts outreach activities with an eye toward diversity, participates in Hoosiers for Higher Education, ensures recognition of outstanding professional staff
- Professional Interests - Awards professional development grants, organizes annual silent auction, submits nominations for membership, recruits new members, conducts other fundraising efforts, monitors salary and benefits issues, oversees Perks page, conducts research and surveys
Activities of the Council and its committees are reported in the Council's newsletter. All professional staff receive this publication automatically. If you are not a professional staff member but would like to subscribe (free of charge) to the newsletter, please forward email to the council with your request to email@example.com.
Should you wish to raise issues for Council review or comment on our current activities, please contact any of the Council Representatives. We welcome such input, and we hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you for your ideas, your interest in our efforts, and your support.